- About PHAP
- Professional Pathways
- Practitioner Perspectives
- Professional Exchange
As a global association, outreach toward members from around the world constitutes a critical aspect of the activities of the International Association of Professionals in Humanitarian Assistance and Protection (PHAP). Using the latest communication and information technologies, PHAP intends to offer regular online seminars on issues of common interest among its members. These events will be produced in close cooperation with partner organizations, such as the Program on Humanitarian Policy and Conflict Research at Harvard University.
Topics under consideration for upcoming online seminars include:
- Rights-based versus Needs-based Humanitarian Assistance
- Education as a Humanitarian Service: Critical overview
- Professional Transitions: Opportunities and avenues
- Humanitarian principles in practice
- The Urbanization of Humanitarian Crises and Response
For more information on the online seminars, or to offer suggestions for seminar topics or guest speakers, please contact PHAP Member Relations Associate Lena Zimmer.