This learning session provided a more in-depth treatment of the principle of independence, focusing on practical dilemmas in its application and humanitarian funding mechanisms.
Directly following this learning session, a discussion and consultation event in support of the World Humanitarian Summit was organized.
Note that this recording also includes the ensuing panel discussion.
2. IHL and Core Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality and independence
6. Advanced learning session on humanitarian principles
7. Humanity: Practical dilemmas of principled action
9. Impartiality: Practical dilemmas of principled action
11. Neutrality: Practical dilemmas of principled action
Applying Humanitarian Principles in Practice
This event will help you prepare for the PHAP Credentialing Program certification in Applying Humanitarian Principles in Practice.
The event will address domain 1, in particular, segments 1.1, 1.3, 1.7, 1.11, and 1.12 of the certification assessment outline. It will also adress some aspects of segment 3.1.
Read more about the PHAP Credentialing Program
PHAP members will have the possibility to undergo a two-part assessment after the session as part of the PHAP Continuous Learning Credits framework.
Part 1: Comprehension check
Part 2: Written reflection
To encourage peer learning among members, selected essay responses will also be published on the website, if approved by the writer. As a member, you can comment on the responses and read other members' comments.
Read the written reflections