Humanitarians operate in a constantly changing environment. New
emergencies, technological evolutions, and changing political landscapes
constantly pose new challenges and prompt new approaches for
In many parts of the world, respect for humanitarian principles is
eroding and so too is the NGOs’ space to operate. The humanitarian
community struggles to keep up with the multiple reforms, initiatives
and discussions that are happening at the global policy level and at the
regional and country levels.
In this context, we are happy to announce a new learning stream
organized jointly by ICVA and PHAP on "Navigating Change." This learning
stream provides a platform for NGOs and others actors to better
understand changes affecting the humanitarian sector.
The ICVA-PHAP Learning Streams create a space for the broader
humanitarian community to come together and discuss these changes, learn
from one another, and share solutions. The “Navigating Change” Learning
Stream includes a series of six webinars, the first of which kicks off
on 8 November 2018, in addition to briefing papers and other resources.
The “Navigating Change” Learning Stream provides NGO staff, including field, policy and headquarter staff an opportunity to:
- have an overview on the global-level policy discussions on humanitarian action;
- explore the avenues available for humanitarian actors to engage in policy discussions at global, regional and country levels;
- understand what such a changing landscape means for them;
- hear from different actors working on these issues on how to build synergies;
- understand the challenges, the risks and opportunities for principled and effective humanitarian action, especially at the country and regional levels;
- become acquainted with the efforts underway to help NGOs and other actors navigate change;
- share lessons learned, best practices from different contexts with the wider NGO and humanitarian community.
ICVA-PHAP Learning Streams are open to anyone interested in improving
their understanding of the changing humanitarian landscape.
Read more about future sessions in this series by following the link below.
Topic One -Localization: Perspectives on change
Register for the upcoming session: