The PHAP Member Exchange, the association's new online community launched in February this year, has seen an increased level of interest to share practical information and resources in response to questions that arise in members' day-to-day work. Over the last month, the topics on which members have shared advice include improving birth registrations, dealing with unsolicited goods, guidelines for protection activities, reducing the risks of carrying cash in the field, and many more
This month, we would like to highlight the following threads (note that PHAP membership is required to access the community):
- Are there regulations prohibiting self-defence groups in DRC? (question posted anonymously, responses from Giovanni Vultaggio, Marco Sassòli, Noëlle Quénivet, and George Nkuwa)
- Reducing the risk of carrying cash in the field (question from Mohamed El Mehdi Ag Rhissa, responses from Volker Hüls, Tim Foster, and Angela Sawh)
- Challenges associated with deploying an HR manager in field operations (question from Frank Kessie, responses from Gian Carlo Cirri, Alhassan Augustine Christian Turay, Samson Mwangi, Umair Hassan, Loek Peeters, and Tim Foster)
- Dealing with unsolicited goods or donations during emergencies (question from Christine Conway, responses from Jess Shaver, Liz Arnanz, Dima Hatuqa, Samson Mwangi, and Mukesh Kapila)
- Calculating target population numbers for M&E with poor data (question from Ahmed Hassan, responses from Tim Foster, Bilow Sheikh Hassan, and Maya Nair)
If you are facing any issues in your work that other members could potentially help with, please do not hesitate to ask a question in the community.
If you are not yet a member of PHAP and would like to become a member in order to access the community and other benefits, click here to learn more and apply.