Professionals In Humanitarian Assistance And Protection
Professionals in Humanitarian Assistance and Protection
The PHAP Professional Development Program (PDP) is composed of a series of educational opportunities for professionals engaged in humanitarian assistance and protection. The PDP offers a unique opportunity for mid-career professionals to develop strategic and managerial skills; deepen their understanding of applicable legal, policy, analytical, and operational frameworks; and expand their informal networks. The PDP comprises training events in two areas: Humanitarian Law and Policy and Leadership and Management of Humanitarian Action. The Humanitarian Law and Policy Pathway has been designed to respond to a growing demand from humanitarian professionals for a clear and practical articulation of the applicable rules and policies guiding humanitarian assistance and protection in conflict situations. The Core Professional Training on Leadership and Management of Humanitarian Action takes place over five full days and serves as a unique opportunity to further refine the knowledge, competencies, and skills necessary to address contemporary humanitarian challenges faced by managers and team leaders in the context of humanitarian response, with a particular focus on building the strategic capabilities of mid- to senior-level professionals working in the field.
Free access to online course:
- All PHAP members have free access to the online course on the Essentials of International Humanitarian Law.
Preferential access to onsite courses:
- PHAP members have access to the association's training events at a preferential price. To see the exact price list, please see our course fees and discounts page.
Returning Participant Discount:
- Any PHAP member who has completed at least five days of onsite Advanced Professional Trainings* may benefit from a 20% reduction (applies on top of the regular member discount) in the tuition fee for their next training**.
- Any PHAP member who has completed at least ten days of onsite Advanced Professional Trainings* may benefit from a 40% reduction (on top of the regular member discount) in the tuition fee for their next training**.
*Training events include: standard Core Trainings and Thematic Workshops on Humanitarian Law and Policy, as well as Leadership and Management of Humanitarian Action, whether under the auspices of PHAP, HPCR or HPCR International since 2001.
**There are a limited number of seats available at each training event under the Returning Participant Discount Program. Please apply at least two months in advance of the event to be assured your seat at this reduced rate.
- Apply for the selected training event.
- Should you be accepted as a participant to the selected training, you will receive the acceptance notification. If not already indicated in the acceptance notification, please inform the Secretariat of your eligibility for the Returning Participant Discount .